In today’s fast-paced digital world, productivity is a prized asset. Every second saved and every task made more efficient can make a significant difference in our daily routines. If you’re a Windows 10 user, you’re in for a treat. Windows 10 is a versatile operating system filled with numerous features and shortcuts that can help you become a more proficient and productive computer user.
In this blog post, we’ll unveil a treasure trove of 20 ultra-fast Windows 10 tricks that can transform your computing experience. From managing open windows with a simple shake to enabling features that streamline your daily tasks, these tricks will empower you to navigate Windows 10 with ease and efficiency.
1. Shake to Minimize Windows:
- Grab the Title Bar of the window you want to keep open.
- Shake it back and forth.
- Other open windows will minimize, leaving only the one you’re shaking.
2. Quick Access to File or Folder Properties:
- Hold down the ALT key.
- Double-click on a file or folder to open its Properties menu.
- Alternatively, press ALT+Enter.
3. Pin Recycle Bin to Start Menu:
- Right-click the Recycle Bin icon.
- Choose “Pin to Start.”
4. Quick Navigation in the Start Menu:
- In the All Apps section of the Start menu, click numbers or alphabetical sections.
- Click the letter or number to jump to a specific section.
5. Essential Keyboard Shortcuts:
- Windows Key + I: Access Settings.
- Windows Key + A: Open Action Center.
- Windows Key + E: Launch File Explorer.
- Windows Key + X: Open Power Start menu.
- F2: Rename a selected file or folder.
- Alt + F4: Close the active app or window.
- Ctrl+Shift+N: Create a New Folder.
6. Clean Up Your Desktop:
- Right-click an empty space on your desktop.
- Point to View.
- Uncheck “Show Desktop Icons.”
7. Activate Quiet Hours:
- Press the Windows key + A to open the Action Center.
- Click on “Quiet Hours.”
8. Pin Specific Sections to Start Menu:
- Right-click the desired section within the Settings app or your favorite folder/website in Edge.
- Click “Pin to Start.”
9. Open Multiple Instances of Applications:
- Use the middle button (scroll wheel) on the app button in the Taskbar to open additional instances.
10. Enhanced Windows Search:
– When searching using Windows Search, click on “My Stuff” for a richer search experience with filters and sorting.
11. Use Taskbar Search for Calculations and Conversions:
– Type math equations or conversion formulas in the Taskbar Search and get instant results without opening separate apps.
12. Capture Screenshots:
– Press Windows Key + Print Screen to capture the entire screen and automatically save it to the Screenshot folder under Pictures.
13. Restore or Maximize Windows:
– Click and hold the title bar, then drag it to the edge of your screen to maximize or restore the window.
14. Utilize Virtual Desktops:
– Click the Task View icon and then “New Desktop” to create multiple Virtual Desktops.
– Right-click app icons in Task View to move running apps between Virtual Desktops.
15. Check System Uptime:
– Open the Task Manager, go to the Performance tab, and find the exact system uptime.
16. Enable Fast Startup:
– Through Control Panel > Power Options, enable Fast Startup.
– If the option is missing, open Command Prompt as an administrator and type “powercfg -h on.”
17. Open Command Prompt Quickly:
– Right-click an empty area within a folder while holding down the Shift key.
– Choose “Open command window here” to open Command Prompt in that folder.
18. Create a Unique Shutdown Shortcut:
– Right-click on the Desktop.
– Point to New, and click “Shortcut.”
– In the location box, type “slidetoshutdown.”
19. Customize the Send To Menu:
– Type “Shell:SendTo” in the address bar.
– Right-click, point to New, and click “Shortcut.”
– In the location box, type your favorite folder path in quotes.
20. Skip Login or Lock Screen:
– Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
– Type “CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2.”
– Select your user, uncheck “User must enter a user name and password,” and enter the current password if required.
Now, you have all the steps to master these 20 ultra-fast Windows 10 tricks to enhance your productivity. Enjoy a more streamlined computing experience!